11 October 2012

Short Report + Telescope Update

I went out last night for about 30 minutes, and the winter constellations are starting to rise earlier and earlier. I saw the Andromeda galaxy as well as the Double cluster for the first time in more than six months. This part of the sky is the last part of the sky I have yet to observe, I got into astronomy in November of 2011. I'm really excited for the winter constellations.

I am looking to get a new telescope in the next couple months. My budget range is $400-$700. I'm going to get into planetary imaging and maybe some deep-sky astrophotography soon. I'm looking for a  small 'scope in that budget range that I can utilize. Maybe a Celestron NexStar, but I don't know. I'm also hoping to get a high powered eyepiece such as a 5mm. I have an 8 and 21 Hyperion, 150x and 57x, respectively. I still need a high powered eyepiece. I'm also hoping to get out more in the coming months.

This is also my 50th blog post!